Text Types and Purposes
1. Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement or section
2. Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section.
3. Write narratives in which they recount a well- elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
Production and Distribution of Writing
4. (Begins in grade 3)
5. With guidance and support from adults and peers, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed by revising and editing.
6. With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
Research to Build and Present Knowledge
7. Participate in shared research and writing projects (e.g., read a number of books on a single topic to produce a report; record science observations).
8. Recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
9. (Begins in grade 4)
Range of Writing
10. (Begins in grade 3)
We live in a world where technological innovation and global competition are increasing at a pace never before seen. Now is the time to invest in our children to make sure they are prepared to succeed
What are the basic skills my child should be learning in 2nd Grade? Learn how you can encourage your child's learning, detect problem areas, and build a positive relationship with your teacher.
The study of Language Arts prepares students to share ideas, feelings and information in various ways. Browse our pick of essential literature, lessons, and games.
As parents, we all want our children to grow up to be responsible citizens and good people. We want them to learn to feel, think and act with respect for themselves and for other people. We want them
American children must be ready to learn from the first day of school, and of course, preparing children for school is a historic responsibility of parents. Test. It's a loaded word. Important, someth