Key Ideas and Details
1. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
2. With prompting and support, identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
3. With prompting and support, describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
Craft and Structure
4. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
5. Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
6. Name the author and illustrator of a text and define the role of each in presenting the ideas or information in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
7. With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear (e.g., what person, place, thing, or idea in the text an illustration depicts).
8. With prompting and support, identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
9. With prompting and support, identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
We live in a world where technological innovation and global competition are increasing at a pace never before seen. Now is the time to invest in our children to make sure they are prepared to succeed
What are the basic skills my child should be learning in Kindergarten? Learn how you can encourage your child's learning, detect problem areas, and build a positive relationship with your teacher.
The study of Language Arts prepares students to share ideas, feelings and information in various ways. Browse our pick of essential literature, lessons, and games.
As parents, we all want our children to grow up to be responsible citizens and good people. We want them to learn to feel, think and act with respect for themselves and for other people. We want them
American children must be ready to learn from the first day of school, and of course, preparing children for school is a historic responsibility of parents. Test. It"s a loaded word. Important, someth