Key Ideas and Details
1. Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
2. Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
3. Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
Craft and Structure
4. Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
5. Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
6. Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
7. Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
8. Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
9. Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
10. By the end of year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2 3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
We live in a world where technological innovation and global competition are increasing at a pace never before seen. Now is the time to invest in our children to make sure they are prepared to succeed
What are the basic skills my child should be learning in 2nd Grade? Learn how you can encourage your child"s learning, detect problem areas, and build a positive relationship with your teacher.
The study of Language Arts prepares students to share ideas, feelings and information in various ways. Browse our pick of essential literature, lessons, and games.
As parents, we all want our children to grow up to be responsible citizens and good people. We want them to learn to feel, think and act with respect for themselves and for other people. We want them
American children must be ready to learn from the first day of school, and of course, preparing children for school is a historic responsibility of parents. Test. It"s a loaded word. Important, someth